Why this webinar??? Because the longer you practice, the bigger you grow, the more out of the box you get, the greater your risk and exposure. Regardless of what state you practice in, this webinar, hosted on GoToMeetings gives you a good foundation about issues you should be aware of, and enables you to have a more meaningful dialogue with your attorney if consulting one becomes necessary. Let’s be clear – there are things you should always do, never do, and others you don’t have to do!
- I didn’t know …. is not a valid defense!
- “Clarity” is NOT the typical adjective describing the law
Consider these Now What moments???
- You signed a non compete but want to start your practice now…
- You designed an innovative exercise program as an employee, but want to market it on your own…
- You want to bring in a non therapist partner to help you grow…
- Your marketer wants a percentage of the revenue from each patient
- The new practice in town has a name very similar to yours…
- Your doors are open but your HIPAA plan of compliance is not in place
- You dream of one day selling your practice, or leaving it to your children…
- The Corporate Practice Act – what we need to know about it and how it impacts legal structures for practices regardless of the state you practice in
- Issues regarding hiring like and unlike professionals
- Important contract clauses and what they really mean – non disclosure, non compete, non solicitation
- Understanding your malpractice and general liability insurance policies especially when providing non direct complementary services outside of the realm of your state practice act
- Considerations when starting secondary revenue streams including offering product sales, running groups
- Legal considerations to know when establishing a marketing plan including FTC rules on logos, testimonials etc
- What is intellectual property and why should it concern therapists?
- When does copyrights begin and when are you giving up the rights to your material ?
- What is the difference between a trademark and a service mark and should you get one??
Upon completion, you will be eligible to receive a certificate of participation for 2.5 contact hours , and will have access to the webinar forever. You will be able to access the recorded webinar anytime 24/7/365! This material is NOT state specific and relevant to PTs OTs and STs.
* This webinar was presented on GotoMeetings and can be accessed on your computer, tablet or cell phone. It was presented by Iris Kimberg, MS PT OTR. ( Iris is not an attorney, and does not play one on TV!) and has been presented by her to the Private Practice Section of the APTA. This webinar does not replace individual consultation with an attorney, but will give you to have a good foundation about issues you should be aware of, and enable you to have a more meaningful dialogue with your attorney if consulting one becomes necessary. It is intended to provide basic information so that you can become informed about issues, and be an active participant when consulting with professionals. The information presented is intended for educational and informational purposes services only and does not replace consultations with a lawyer or other professional. The recording includes all the Q/A. and you also get a copy of the powerpoint. Everyone who listens can take a post webinar quiz and receive a certificate of participation for 2.5 contact hours.