Well established, highly regarded Physical Therapy practice on the Upper East side of Manhattan seeks an experienced office manager to join their team! Seeking a great blend of creativity and initiative to propose new ideas, find more efficient ways of handling staff and responsibilities, seek out new resources, and take over responsibilities to ensure the practice always runs on top efficiency. A minimum of 2 years of management experience required, and a mindset that the needs of the patient and then of our service team always come first.
- Exhibit exceptional patient, staff, management relations and communications
- Oversees the day-to-day operations
- Coordinates with owners to plan, direct and maintain control overall company financials including company billing and collections, Accounts Payable, Capital expenditures, Budgets, Tax payments, Coordination with accountant, Insurance policy planning, Coordinates necessary and appropriate accounting and statistical data and reports necessary to run business operations
- Manages the administrative staff including front desk and coverage issues
- Monitors daily and weekly performance of all office functions including Scheduling, Collections, billing and referral management, Medical records requests, Provides month end statistics and metrics of performance including productivity and percent arrivals
- Meets with office employees, staff and owners regularly
- Serve as a resource for all questions regarding scheduling, referral management, insurance coverage, account resolution, collection and billing activities, billing system issues and patient inquiries
- Serves as first contact person for all computer related issues and handles all computer, billing system and e-mail problems
- Serves as first contact for all patient complaints and handle them appropriately in coordination with Management
- Serves as Human Resource Manager for employees including all labor and employment laws, Personnel policies and procedures, Staff recruitment and selection including Orientation, training and development programs, Employee safety and health, HIPAA compliance, Employee relations
- Works with clinical staff to ensure necessary documentation is complete to maximize billing and payments
- Completes and reviews month end reports and informs owners on the status of the A/R and other issues affecting payment to the company
- Oversees changes in payment and insurance coverage guidelines and develops policies and procedures in coordination with the front desk and billing and collections staff to ensure compliance with regulations and maximize payments
- Assists the Owners in marketing the clinics with regards to increasing referrals, Monitoring publicity and marketing and developing an effective social media program
- Oversees company-wide compliance for HIPAA,OSHA, Medicare and other insurances, State and federal regulations
- Coordinates the credentialing process and provides follow up regarding insurance questions for all clinic staff
- Ability to work in a high volume atmosphere, to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines; implement new policies and procedures; excellent communication
- BS in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience in business management, staff management, A/R management, etc.
- Strong computer skills including medical billing systems, Microsoft Office and QuickBooks, WebPT, Kareo, Google apps for business, Box
- Must be attentive, able to follow instructions, exude accuracy and have an acceptable attendance record
Serious candidates – Please forward resume to: email@example.com.